Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Math Fun

For some reason math seems to bring out all the challenges in attitudes, behavior, anger and a few other things. I really do not know why. I do know that J wants it to be done perfect or forget doing it. That is actually something that we noticed about him when we met him. He pushes himself very hard. I have told him that I like it when he makes mistakes. I know that is not something that you would normally say but for him it is something that he needs to hear, to know that it is okay to make a mistake.

We had taken a break from our lessons and were spending some time just reviewing facts and doing some drill work. I have a book of math games so we have been playing those. Yesterday, we had the magnet marbles out and were working on the 2 times table. It was at least something different.

We are almost finished Saxon 2 and will begin Saxon 3. I have wondered if the work is too easy but I don't think that is the issue. It is one of those times that I just keep praying for wisdom and strength and maybe some creativity as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'll pray for you in this area. It is my most challenging area with my J as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, my J is 11.5yr old and we deal with that ALOT!! he is a perfectionist and he doesn't like repitition, and well.....you get the picture.....praying with you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...