Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fried Rice Recipe

Okay, since I showed the picture and told that I learned to make it and someone was disappointed that no recipe was included. Here is my recipe which includes my adaptions because most recipes it seems I adapt in some way.

3 cups leftover rice - I never measure just have a good portion. I have also cooked rice just so I have rice for fried rice

Heat in a large frypan. I don't have a wok - can you believe that.

3T oil

1/4-1/2 lb of cooked or raw meat cut in thin strips - I use cooked ham so basically I am just heating it up.

3 cloves garlic minced

1 large onion, corrsely chopped

1 or 2 carrots diced

I fry those things and then mix my sauce

1 tsp sugar

1T soy sauce

1T fish sauce - I use that bottle of fish sauce that I was given. This is not something I usually keep on hand.

Stir fry until meat is tender and hot

Add the cooked rice

Stir-fry 5 minues

Add

1 c leftover pea - if you are using frozen add them when you add them at the beginning so they will thaw.

Just before serving add

2 eggs beaten

I like my eggs well done and so I have learned that I just get another little frypan out and fry my eggs and then add them to the rice. You could even use leftover scrambled eggs.

Mix and get everything hot. Depending on how much rice you might need to add more soy sauce.

Basically this is a dish that uses all those leftovers that you have.

I had a friend add hot dogs to her fried rice once. That is not one of the meats that I would add.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...