Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Year in Review

I know that is usually the title for a post around December 31 when you are looking back at what happened. This is the school year in review.

The portfolio is done.

We did our 180 plus days. Don't tell my children that they only have to go to school 180 days because we got some extra.

The evaluation is finished.

The reading log is completed.

J read 27 books once he finishes the ancient Dick and Jane book that he is currently reading. I am proud of him for reading all those books. He started the year basically just beginning to read. He doesn't yet just sit down and read a book for fun but that is coming.

I read 62 books aloud this year. Some of those were short books but some were long. I think J's favorite was Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. My favorite was The Wheel on the School, no, Mr. Popper's Penguin's, or maybe Little Pear. There were just too many good ones. This evening he was looking through the shelf and asking if we could get more Mrs. Piggle Wiggle or more Homer Price or more Little Pear.

We took some field trips and have our big field trip coming up next week.

We finished Saxon Math 2 and started Math 3 getting all the way to lesson 45.

It was a fun year and we will take a month or so off and then back to school. I have my affidavits notarized and ready for next year. J is ready because we are going to study indians and maybe make an indian costume. I can't wait to see how many books we read next year. I wonder if we can double those numbers.

1 comment:

  1. We listened to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle on CD and it was great. There are 3 or so books in the series.
    Today A started reading Sideways Stories from Wayside School (a recommendation from a friend) and he really likes it so far.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...