Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday's Memories - My Grandparents

I was blessed to have all four grandparents and even a great grandmother when I was growing up. My grandparents each lived about an hour away but my great grandmother lived in the same town that we lived in. I have memories of holidays spent at both places in fact I think some times we would go to both places.

My mother's side of the family gathered at Christmas. I think these pictures were taken when I was 3 or 4. I am helping my great grandmother dry dishes and in the other picture I am sitting on my great uncle's lap with two of my cousins there. Uncle Noah was the local family doctor in our town. I remember going to him once because of hives and a few other visits.

The pictures are small. I think it was from the days when you would get three prints on a page. I looked into getting them restored but the cost was a bit more than I wanted to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...