Thursday, September 9, 2010

The bag is packed

We just need to get a snack and our water bottles. Today begins a new year at Homeschool Co-op. Last fall as I was beginning my official homeschool journey (official because I was reporting and so I felt pressure to make sure that we were learning) I wanted to make sure we were getting the things done we needed to do before joining something else. In the spring we decided to join a group and were thrilled to find one that fits our family. This group is parent run which I like because I am there getting to know the moms and kids. Yes, it does mean that I have some responsibility but I can handle that. Our group meets Thursday afternoons. We have 4 periods and art and PE are always included in those periods. This year J will have a writing class (I am excited because I think he will do a better job for her than he will for me perfection gets in his way sometimes) and a science class. Miss K will join in the 3/4 year old class. I think that will be a good fit for her developmentally and she will enjoy that class.

I am teaching a Classical Composer course for 5/6 graders. I am not a musician nor a historian but I thought this would be something that I could teach and something that most likely if the other moms are like me wish they had time to fit into the schedule but often gets pushed aside. I am excited and ready at least for the first few weeks because those are the weeks that I have planned and know what we will be doing. I will be attempting a lapbook with the students and so I have been working on my own lapbook.

I will also be assisting in the 3/4 year old class for a period which will be fun to be with Miss K and help teach the kids there. I am sure we will have fun. That reminds me I need to put some paper in my bag for their number activity.

There is my bag. I love bags and have plenty but I couldn't turn this away when I found it at a rummage sale for $5. It is a LL Bean and has a zippered top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...