Wednesday, February 9, 2011

American Helicopter Museum

Last Friday morning I decided it would be best to leave the house so the painters could paint without interference. I had a bit of a time crunch because Miss K had therapy. I decided that we would go to the American Helicopter Museum. J and I had tried to go there last summer but it was Tuesday. They were open on Friday and we enjoyed our time. I thought it was a bit expensive but decided if I view it as a donation as well as admission then it doesn't bother me as much. If you do want to go there are coupons available from here.

There were not many people there that is the advantage of going on a school day. The volunteer was very informative and had worked in helicopter design. This part of the country has a bit of helicopter manufacturing.

The kids had fun and hopefully they learned something. I did tell J that he had to give me 2 things that he learned.

I wish there had been a bit more about the history of helicopters. It seemed that basically it was a big room filled with helicopters. There was a children's corner and some books which gave us more information.

It was interesting and I had told J that we would go back when we could go inside so we did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...