Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Scraps to Kindle Cover

I had a fat quarter bundle and made a quilt. I used all of the fat quarter except for a small stripe of fabric. I didn't know what I was going to do but I just sewed them together. Then I put it aside. The fabric is so bright and fun and not me but I love it. I am the classical navy and black. I decided that scrap would be the right size for a Kindle cover.

I used some batting and with decorative stitching attached the batting to white backing and then I just put the right sides together and sewed all around leaving space to turn. I turned it and figured where I wanted to fold it and then added some velcro.



I like the way it looks. I fit the Kindle and has batting to protect it.

3 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - you could probably sell those on etsy. :)

    I'll never get a Kindle but if I travelled more, I'd probably give in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I need to make one, or get my daughter to do it. She's the crafty one in the house. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...