Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I do celebrate my birthday. I am not too old or too young. I celebrate that God has been faithful and given me 365 more days of living, loving, and serving. The number of candles on the cake varies. Last night the kids put 4 candles on the cake. J said I was 34 and Miss K said I was 25. I love my children. They are correct once upon a time I was 34 and once upon a time I was 25.

My wonderful husband made reservations for us to go out and invited my parents. Celebrating my birthday with my parents is special to me. I think because of so many years of living overseas and not being together for birthdays makes it special.

My mom made a cake and we had that at our house. It was chocolate. We are still mourning the closure of our favorite bakery.

My mom said she is not old enough to have a daughter my age. I told her I am not that old so she doesn't have to worry.

1 comment:

  1. Your bad friend didn't send a card. Sorry about that. Sorry about your favourite bakery closing. It reminds me of my scrapbook store closing. :) My mom and I are 40 years apart so we deal with big birthdays the same year. Like next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...