Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Grandmother

Moved to her new home on Friday morning. She was ready to go home to see her Saviour. She was 95 years old. She missed be missed by us here.

This was last Christmas when we visited her. (Miss K was in a "I am trying to smile period" which thankfully she has outgrown.)





I have so many memories and various things around my house that remind me of her.

She was postmistress on a small town. The post office was connected to the kitchen. I remember sitting on the counter while she greeted the customers coming in to get their mail.

She used to do quite a bit of crewel-embroidery. Some of the things she made for me are now hanging in Miss K's room.

She later took up knitting and I think the only thing she knitted where dishcloths. We have lots of dishcloths.

She was a big Phillies fan. She watched the games and knew the stats.

I remember my grandparents taking up to Florida. We drove all the way there and back -- 8 people in the station wagon. That was in the days before we had strict seatbelt laws.

My grandmother made wonderful pies and oyster stuffing. There was also the brownies that needed to be cut with a bandsaw.

I have so many memories of my grandmother. I think one of the dear memories is the many times that she told me or wrote to me telling me that she was praying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...