Saturday, August 11, 2012

Blueberry Picking

As we were driving into town the other day, we passed a pick your own blueberries. I have picked strawberries but never blueberries except for some wild ones. We decided to go today and pick some.



I have to say that blueberries are easier than strawberries because you don't have to bend down. I was amazed at how many berries there were on the bushes.



We had two buckets. I think Miss K enjoyed running through the bushes and eating blueberries. It did remind me a bit of the book Blueberries for Sal. We didn't see any bears.

It was a new experience for all of us. We heard lots of comments about how many blueberries we found. We picked about 5 to 6 pounds.

I made blueberry jam.



The recipe is very easy. Now we will have blueberry jam for our toast or for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Then I made a blueberry pie. Making pies is something that I am learning to do but the idea of a warm blueberry pie was enough for me to search for a recipe and try making one. It is rewarding to eat the berries that you have picked. We still have blueberries for eating and enjoying with our yogurt.



It was delicious. I think Miss K's face will confirm that.



We might have to go again.

1 comment:

  1. Arg. Wordpress doesn't like me today. 2nd attempt.
    I know a blueberry place that has Christian owners and sells for very cheap. I went there this week. The friend who told me about the place wants to keep it secret so it doesn't get overrun. :) E mail me and I'll tell you the name, etc.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...