Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up - Low tide,Hiking, Swimming, Writing, and Packing



It is June already. I am not sure where May went. J said the other day, "isn't this year going fast." Part of me agreed and part of me wants the year to end so we can settle down.

Our week was full of fun activities.

On Sunday we went to a beach during low-tide. It is amazing how low the tide is and how many things we can see.



Monday we went on a hike with some friends.

Tuesday J had a swim tryout for a homeschool swim team. I am excited that we found that for him so that he can have some friends and get to know some more people here. A number of the kids are from the co-op that we will attend in the fall.

We had tried to wrap up school this week. I have a feeling that we are going to fizzle and fade out. We still have a bit of writing assignments to do. Also I picked up information for a local bookstore (Half Price Books) summer reading program. The kids are to read 15 minutes a day and when they have 300 minutes they turn it in for Bookworm Bucks.

Friday we moved to a new place to housesit for the month. We are supposed to take some down time and be rested before we arrive in Asia for training. God has provided a wonderful place for us to just relax and enjoy. We are not far from the lake.



I think that wraps up our week.

Sharing with my friends:





Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog.
    I'm intrigued... you were in Asia, and now England. What part of England? I used to live in Louth, Lincolnshire (which is about a four hour drive North of London). I love England and hope you enjoy it.
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this time we are waiting for our visa. Our plan is to be near a university. We will visit this summer and make some decisions at that time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...