Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up -- The year is done, finished, completed.

Just saying the year is done sounds like it is a steak, "how would you like your year?" I will say considering our back and forth this year, living in the mission house, our house while we packed and moved and then back to the mission house, plus a month of housesitting I will it is a well-done year.

I consider our school year July 1 to June 30 because that is the dates from where we lived. I have part of the portfolio in storage and part of it here. Someday the portfolio will be all in one place and completed. I keep a summary record on my computer. I have finished J's for the year. I need to finish Miss K's and make a year end summary.

This week really was not a formal learning week but we went to a few museums -- the banana museum and the historical house and then we took a nature walk.

Since the year has ended, I guess it is time to plan the schedule for next year. I have purchased all my books and hopefully when we are in the storage unit I will be able to find everything. I will write a bit about my plans over the next few weeks. My planning will happen this summer as we have time.

That wraps up our week and our year. Monday begins a new school year.

Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good school year despite all the moving around. It sounds like you are well versed in travelling and therefore can maybe anticipate your families needs better than unpractised travellers. And there's more long journeys ahead...I pray everything goes well for you this summer. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homeschooling is perfect for missionary families, and you do such a wonderful job getting them out and about, enjoying nature and learning so much. I am saying a prayer for smooth transitions this week and month. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...