Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Have Faith in God


This has been a journey of faith. For 2013 I chose the word, faith. I knew as we began this year that I needed to stretch my faith and learn in new ways to depend on God.

This new phase in our journey began in 2011 as my husband was finishing his D.Min. We began to pray and seek how and where God wanted us to serve. We began looking at and talking with a number of organizations but the doors were closed. We thought we found the match for our calling and vision and an organization and that door closed. We felt then that God was going to work in a way that we were not expecting and it would be out our thinking. Two days after finishing the edits on his major project we met with an organization and as they shared the mission, vision, and values we knew we had found the place.

We spent the next 22 months finishing paperwork, interviews and then partnership development to be able to go. That has required time and again that we Have Faith in God.

The sign above is at the international headquarters and a reminder of both individually and organizationally where we put our faith.

Here is a quote from Hudson Taylor, "You do not need a great faith, but faith in a great God."  God had lead us and we continue to trust that he will provide.

Just one more Hudson Taylor quote, "God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply."

So we continue the journey with faith in God, who he is and what he will do.

Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love the quotes and your story, Beth. The raising support would be so hard for me. I wish missionaries didn't have that burden, but then I guess the whole process builds faith. We all have to depend on God for our daily bread, but missionaries are more keenly aware of that than salaried workers. Thank you for sharing the journey.

    I can't imagine what you went through as Miss K had surgery and procedure after procedure. It was hard for me after my daughter's procedures in the past couple of years, and that's with a four year old, not a newborn. I'm sure your family's faith is a blessing to all you meet. I know reading your words is such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...