Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin decorating

We are enjoying the small AWANA program that we found here. Tonight was the pumpkin carving/decorating contest. The hint was to have a Bible theme.

We had picked our pumpkins the other week at the pumpkin patch. We had some big pumpkins and some little ones. I suggested that J and Miss K work together as I thought that would be easier. David and Goliath was an idea that was mentioned and it was decided that would work. We decided or maybe it was mom decided that painting would be easier than carving. Someone had given us a box of paint so we could use that.

I was impress with J's work. He sketched a bit on the pumpkin before getting out the paint.


Goliath needed a shield because after all he did have armor. Miss K was given the job of painting the shield.

They had speech bubbles which helped to identify who they were.

Here they are together drying before we head to AWANA. I don't think they were completely dry.

The master artist standing with his artwork. David and Goliath are ready.

They together won a prize - a chocolate candy bar and some extra points for the store.

It was a fun activity. I think David and Goliath might sit on our porch this week.

Beth
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love your pumpkins! What a great idea. They definitely deserved their prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! They certainly did deserve a prize! Tell J and Miss K that I am very impressed and that my boys would love to borrow their idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, their David and Goliath pumpins were hilarious! lol, my kids got a kick out of seeing these too! Your boy is quite the artist--his Goliath face was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- I my son saw your blog and asked if I was the crafty Homeschool mama and I told him no, I don't think I am that crafty.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...