Monday, November 2, 2015

Too Nice to Stay Inside

Saturday and Sunday, the end of October and the beginning of November, were beautiful days here. The sun was shining and the weather was warm enough that a sweater or jumper depending on your language was all that was needed.

I decided that we just couldn't spend the day inside.

For the past year we have driven past this road and said, "we should park there and go for a walk." Saturday was just that day.



That is part of a 14 mile walk around the city. I think that would be a fun thing to do but Saturday was not the day.


We walked a bit through the paths. We stopped at the stream to play Pooh Sticks but it was a fast flowing stream so it was difficult to decide who won.


I think I live in the most beautiful place in England. I love the rolling hills, the sheep, the green fields, the many places to walk.


I think this year I have paid more attention to the change in the leaves. Maybe because people have asked me what it is like. Maybe because last autumn we spent almost 4 weeks in the States.


Here is a path through the woods. Miss K was seeing slugs that were not there. Everything seemed to be a slug to her.


You can't miss her with her pink coat and overalls. Pink is her favourite colour.


I don't think I can really show the rolling hills along Quiet Lane which is not always quiet and windy and narrow so you need to keep in your lane as you can't see around the corner. We called it sideswipe lane.


It was beautiful just to be outside and enjoy the sun.


Today the forecast was fog and it was foggy for part of the day. The sun is setting earlier and earlier each day. I am glad we were able to go out over the weekend.

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...