Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of 2015

I am going to combine my December end of the month with the my end of the year. It is my blog and so I can do that.

My word for 2015 was intentional. I wanted to be intentional in the things that I did. I think overall I would say that I was. It can be hard to remember that word and goal for the whole year. Some of my goals for 2015 included.

Publish my Book - Praying for the Heart
I have it done. I just need to get it edited. Anyone want to read it and comment before it is published?

I would love an idea for my next book
2015 - I have two ideas for books. I have begun outlining and writing. 

Practice hospitality by having people over to our house
This was also part of being more connected in the community. One of the ways to measure that was through hospitality. We had a number of people over this year -- some visitors from out of town, some from other countries and just people here for dinner. I feel more connected when I think of how we have gotten to know people this year either through small groups, through activities at church or other ways.

Blog regularly
I think I have done that. Some months I had more to say than other months. Some of my blogging is to share our life with family and friends. Some is to share my thoughts. 

Learn to use my camera - that was a goal 2 years ago
I can't say I did much in this area. Do I include this as a goal for 3 years in a row?

Have less stuff in the house at the end of the year
I did keep track of things for about half of the year, tracking what came in and what went out. I think overall I have less though there is still quite a bit of things in the house that could probably be gotten rid of. I am looking for some charity donation bags in the next few weeks.

Have less projects at the end of the year - I have 11 now
I was intentional in finishing unfinished projects. My goal was to have less unfinished projects at the end of the year. I had 12 at the beginning of the year. Now at the end of the year I have nine. I thought it was less until I counted them. I do think I worked on some of those nine but I need to keep working on finishing projects. In the next few weeks I am going to go through them and do a 2016 inventory.

Knit once a month mainly so I don't forget how to knit
I wanted to do some knitting this year and that did not happen. I love the idea of knitting. I love the idea of knitted socks but need to spend some time working on my knitting skills.

Plan some outings to explore our area
We had a number of outings this year. We went to Manchester, Chesterfield, Hull, York, Holy Island, London, and a number of other places. I still have a list of places I want to visit. 

Holy Island - one of our favourite outings this year

Hike once a month
We did some hiking but there are so many hiking/walking trails near our house. We would like to continue exploring and walking. 

One of our favourite places in the Peak District.

2015 was a great year. I think intentional was a good word for the year. I am ready and excited for 2016. I have a new word and I am ready to embrace it with no excuses.


Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...