Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday's Five

Five cookbooks that I use often. I love cookbooks. I enjoy looking at the photos and reading the recipes and tips. I have sorted through and gotten rid of a number of cookbooks but I have also added some new ones to my collection. Given the number of meals that I cook it is nice to have a variety of cookbooks.

Here are some of my cookbooks on my shelf. I love my coffee canister.


And the top shelf has some more. I love these shelves in the kitchen.


The five cookbooks that I often use.

1. America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook - There are a number of recipes that I use from here -- chicken potpie, beef potpie, chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce, easy biscuits. I love the notes that are in the book either about ingredients or cooking gadgets.


2. More-with-Less Cookbook - My copy is worn and a bit dirty. I use this for pizza, lentils, chicken and pineapple.


I love the fact that it is spiral bound.


3. Betty Crocker New Cookbook - I am not sure how new this is. I have had it for a long time. It is a good basic one. I use it for meatloaf, chili, and a number of other recipes.

4. Delia's Complete Cookery Course - This is a new book that I have added recently. A friend here recommend Delia as a standard. I have made a number of things out of this book -- potato and leek soup, roasted potatoes, and a few other things. This is a go to book when I get some new things in my fruit and veg boxes.


5. Mary Berry - I have two Mary Berry cook books. I have not used the Baking Bible much but I have found a number of recipes in the Marry Berry Cook's. I found a delicious pork with veggies recipe that we all enjoyed. Some of the things that I have recently found easy to cook are putting the meat and veggies all in the same pan and baking -- sometimes called a tray bake.

What is your go to cookbook?


Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I have Delia Smith's Complete Cookery course and have bought a copy for my older daughter. Really useful reference book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...